People often say when you are at the bottom, there is only one way possible. Upward.
Hello, I’m Abhishek Rukhaiyar. I’m a blogger.
I’m doing blogging for last 7 years. It all started with an idea to share my thoughts with everyone. I gained phenomenal success. Two of my website gained success. Overall I was earning around USD 2,500 per month. However, the success lasted for 4-5 months only. Here is a snapshot of traffic to one of my website I Want Govt Job (formerly For Hire).
You can see the peak in March, 2014. It was the golden period. The best ever pageview of 127,173 views was on March 04, 2014. Almost same sort of story is with this blog, Rukhaiyar’s Corner. It got its best ever pageviews on Jan 19, 2014 with 58,350 views. Now, the average view is 300-400 per day.
There was a time in Sep 2013 when I was telling my friends that I dream of earning someday USD 100 a day from Google Adsense. I was targeting it by the end of 2014. At that time I was earning USD 15-16 a day. I never thought that I’m actually on a dream run. The wishes, the dreams I’m having is going to be true much before my target.
In the month of Dec, on 23rd Dec,2013 to be precise, I touched the magical figure of USD 100 a day (USD 122). It did not end just there, On 29th Dec, 2013 I earned most till date of my single day earning USD 170. It did not end just here. Between Feb 12, 2014 to March 16, 2014, my earning never went below USD 100 any single day. That were the Days of Glory.
Last month, first time I Want Govt Job was in loss. Rukhaiyar’s Corner is giving marginal profit of USD 10-15 a month. I’ve seen this debacle. I’ve seen myself going to the Top, then to the bottom. I want to flip my luck again. I want to live again the life of a successful blogger. I want to Restart Blogging. I want to start it all over again.
There is positive sides of failure always. You learn more when you fail from being on top than ever. You analyze what you did wrong. Where your luck failed you and where you took a wrong decisions.
I remember back in 2005, in my college when I had my first PC, within 5 days of me getting a PC, I tried to change the boot screen manually. In the process, I accidentally hid one of the partition of my PC and corrupted the boot file. At that time when I was scared, one of my friend told me that you can learn only with your failures. If you never try with the fear of failure, you would never learn. I used to go to computer room which had internet. I used to read about the solution and I used to come back to try it on my PC. This happened for more than 24 hours and I slept just 3-4 hours in between. Finally, I was able to both fix the boot file and recover the lost partition. I even learned how to change the boot screen. That was my first success for self learning and understanding the power of Internet.
I might be distressed now. But, I want to forget everything now and start from the scratch. I want to take the past success period as an experience phase for bigger success. I want to summarise what I learned in the last two years:
- I learned managing a dedicated server without cPanel. Earlier, till the success of 2013, I was heavily dependent on cPanel for managing my websites. Even when I first used a dedicated server in 2010. I got stuck with just an IP address, username and password. I spent a whole day to install cPanel and even GUI of Linux for managing my website. However, gone are the days. Now, I run whole server with command line without ever feeling need for cPanel.
- I learned working on nginx server. I came to know about the low CPU load and other benefits of working on nginx rather than Apache. However, I was knowing nothing about nginx and how to set it up with php and mysql. However, thanks to my best pal, Internet. I learned it all and setup a working server with nginx.
- My biggest friend EasyEngine. Thanks to the guys at RT Camp. I came to realize that they have developed a package of nginx-php-mysql with memcached. The package can install the nginx server with decently optimised setting and proper documents to easily setup a WordPress website in less than 5 mins.
- I learned a lot many techniques of link building, SEO optimization, webpage optimisation. I learned minification, CDN setup and many more techniques to load my website with Blazing Fast speed.
- I learned to use Google’s PageSpeed module in my server to do a lot many optimisation right from server.
- I learned to set up Cloudflare based flexible SSL. I tried and failed many times to set up my websites as secure and encrypted with SSL certificate from Cloudflare. However, lastly I got success in fixing it.
There is more in the list. However, knowledge is useful when you can use it. So, I want to use it and spread it. I want to teach everything I know to others. I want none to do the mistakes I did. Yes, nobody can taste success without failure. But, I want them to be trained to face the difficulties I have faced.
Last year, I got married with a wonderful girl, Simran. She is down to earth, typical Indian Girl.
She don’t have technical knowledge about either WordPress or blogging. But, she has an eagerness to learn. I have gradually shifted my website I Want Govt Job to her. She is handling the content section of the website. It is a Job portal which needs daily updating. She has become part of the blogging business now.
Now, my responsibility is more. I have to start thinking about my family. We would be lucky to have a kid some day. I have to start preparing for the future. I have to be ready. For the records, I’ve a full-time 5 day Job. I’m just a part-time blogger. But, I’ve a dream to be independent. I love blogging and I love writing. I want to make a full-time career in blogging.
Last year, I published just eight articles on Rukhaiyar’s Corner. This year till date just one article is published by me. I have to restart blogging. I have to constantly update the blog.
I am targeting an income of USD 1,000 per month till Dec 2015. However, this time I’m going to be with you in my Journey to Success. I need your encouragement and feedback. I’m going to share with you my methods and my monthly income report. If you want to encourage me in restarting my blogging career, I would be honoured.